Friday, November 21, 2008

Got an awesome job

Hey Everyone,

Wow ... It's been a while since I updated this thing! Hope you are all doing well!

Well I'm doing great, I've finally completed the last thing I needed to achieve to settle in a bit here in Holland. Last Wednesday I started my new job at DLA Piper. It's really an awesome job, DLA Piper are a really big international law firm and the office in Amsterdam (where I work) is the head office for IT support for Western Europe.

I work with a heap of great dutch people and a few people from England (my manager being one of them). I'm really enjoying myself and love every aspect of the work accept the travel. Hollands traffic jams ('file' as they call them) are horrific. I travel only 61 Km to work but sometimes it can take me 2.5 hours to drive but on average it will take me 1 hour and 15 mins. It's a real shock to the system coming for Aus but I am adjusting.

Well everything else on all other fronts is going well! I'm adjusting to the very limited time I have left before and after work so I'm pretty much just living to work at the moment (which is good to get some money back in the bank).

Ok ... I'll sign it off here i can smell my pizza burning.

Keep smiling

Matt W

No comments:

Post a Comment